by Brenda Long
When you’re looking for a new technology solution that will essentially run the operations of your entire staffing business, it’s easy to get overwhelmed and caught up in the small details of it all. What companies often lose sight of and many vendors are glad they do, is ask the very important big picture questions.
There are many more questions that need to be asked when making a staffing software purchase, but these 10 definitely shouldn’t be forgotten.
- Upgrades: How often does your average client upgrade? How long does it take to complete the upgrade?
- Versions: How many different version of your software are in live use? When was your last platform change for a major release?
- Upgrade Costs: What costs are involved in upgrading?
- Clients: How many clients have you lost in the last 12 months? Why? Who are they?
- Data: If we are hosted, how difficult will it be for me to get my data if I leave?
- Features: What happens if we need a new feature added to the software?
- Price Increases: How often do you raise your prices? When was your last increase and how much? How much warning do you give before an increase?
- Support: When I call support, do I get a live person or voice mail system?
- Support Costs: How do you charge for routine support calls? What is the average ‘extra’ monthly cost to clients besides contracted license fees and maintenance fees?
- Company: How involved are the owners in the daily operations of the company? What type of financial backing (VC/Private) does the company have?
Finally, the most important thing to do after you have asked these 10 questions….ask their current and former customers too.